After months of hard work and dedication from our school and board team, CDS is proud to announce the launch of our anticipated Pre Primary Program. We are now officially a Pre Primary – 5 school. The program will officially begin on September 27th with morning drop off beginning at 7:40am and pick up at 2:05pm.
Our two lead ECEs, Karen Snair and Kandi Blinn will be contacting each family directly to answer questions and registration remains open and available through CDS directly. Students attending the Pre Primary Program will need the following:
- Change of clothes
- Indoor/outdoor shoes
- Weather appropriate attire (ie boots, rain coat, splash pants for outdoor play)
Drop off and pick up procedures remain the same at CDS and with the increase in morning traffic it is more important than ever that our P-5 parents use the clearly marked drop off loop. Parents of students at any grade (PP-5) whom are walking their children into the building can park above at CAMS – the parking area inside the bus loop will remain staff parking only.
Below are a few other items to consider while planning for our new program:
- Pre Primary students will enter through the side entrance of the building which will be marked with a sign.
- The busses continually arrive from 7:40am until 8:00am and hence the loop is not available for vehicle traffic. Parents dropping off their students for Pre Primary will need to park above at CAMS to walk their child to CDS.
- An opportunity exists to meet our ECEs prior to the program’s beginning by attending our Meet The Teacher event from 5:30 – 6:30 on September 20th.
- We are encouraging families to come everyday, but this is not mandatory so if you child starts a few times a week we can help you reach the goal of coming everyday as there are many benefits to full time attendance for your child.
Finally, it is our understanding that after school care for our Pre Primary parents remains a concern and perhaps an obstacle. I am happy to share that our coordinator Gillian Kiely is in the process of making arrangement to solve this challenge but it won’t be available at our program’s beginning on the 27th. Gillian can be contacted directly with particular questions at email@example.com